Peace...I'm feeling a bit slow today, recuperating from a long month, my inspiration is a lagging bit...SO...I'm pulling this one from my archives...an old craiglist post...
Advice to Young Men from an Old Man
1. Don’t pick on the weak. It’s immoral. Don’t antagonize the strong without
cause, its stupid.
2. Don’t hate women. It’s a waste of time
3. Invest in yourself. Material things come to those that have self actualized.
4. Get in a fistfight, even if you are going to lose.
5. As a former Marine, take it from me. Don’t join the military, unless you want
to risk getting your balls blown off to secure other people’s economic or
6. If something has a direct benefit to an individual or a class of people, and a
theoretical, abstract, or amorphous benefit to everybody else, realize that the
proponent’s intentions are to benefit the former, not the latter, no matter what
bullshit they try to feed you.
7. Don’t be a Republican. They are self-dealing crooks with no sense of honor or
patriotism to their fellow citizens. If you must be a Republican, don’t be a
“conservative.” They are whining, bitching, complaining, simple-minded selfrighteous
idiots who think they’re perpetual victims. Listen to talk radio for a
while, you’ll see what I mean.
8. Don’t take proffered advice without a critical analysis. 90% of all advice is
intended to benefit the proponent, not the recipient. Actually, the number is
probably closer to 97%, but I don’t want to come off as cynical.
9. You’ll spend your entire life listening to people tell you how much you owe
them. You don’t owe the vast majority of people shit.
10. Don’t undermine your fellow young men. Mentor the young men that come after
you. Society recognizes that you have the potential to be the most power force in
society. It scares them. Society does not find young men sympathetic. They are
afraid of you, both individually and collectively. Law enforcement’s primary
purpose is to suppress you.
11. As a young man, you’re on your own. Society divides and conquers. Unlike women
who have advocates looking out for them (NOW, Women’s Study Departments,
government, non-profit organizations, political advocacy groups) almost no one is
looking out for you.
12. Young men provide the genius and muscle by which our society thrives. Look at
the Silicone Valley. By in large, it was not old men or women that created the
revolution we live. Realize that society steals your contributions, secures it
with our intellectual property laws, and then takes credit and the rewards where
none is due.
13. Know that few people have your best interests at heart. Your mother does. Your
father probably does (if he stuck around). Your siblings are on your side.
Everybody else worries about themselves.
14. Don’t be afraid to tell people to “Fuck off” when need be. It is an important
skill to acquire. As they say, speak your piece, even if your voice shakes.
15. Acquire empathy, good interpersonal skills, and confidence. Learn to read body
language and non-verbal communication. Don’t just concentrate on your vocational
or technical skills, or you’ll find your wife fucking somebody else.
16. Keep fit.
17. Don’t speak ill of your wife/girlfriend. Back her up against the world, even
if she’s wrong. She should know that you have her back. When she needs your help,
give it. She should know that you’ll take her part.
18. Don’t cheat on your wife/girlfriend. If you must cheat, don’t humiliate her.
Don’t risk having your transgressions come back to her or her friends. Don’t do it
where you live. Don’t do it with people in your social circle. Don’t shit in your
own back yard.
19. If your girlfriend doesn’t make you feel good about yourself and bring joy to
your life, fire her. That’s what girlfriends are for.
20. Don’t bother with “emotional affairs.” They are just a vehicle for women to
flirt and have someone make them feel good about themselves. That’s the part of a
relationship they want. For you it is a lot of work and investment in time. If
they are having an emotional affair with you, they’re probably fucking someone
21. Becoming a woman’s friend and confidant is not going to get you into an
intimate relationship. If you haven’t gotten the girl within a reasonably short
period of time, chances are you won’t ever get her. She’ll end up confiding to you
about the sexual adventures she’s having with someone else.
22. Have and nurture friendships with women.
23. Realize that love is a numbers game. Guys fall in love easily. You’re going to
see some girl and feel like you’ll die if you don’t get her. If she rejects you,
move on to the next one. It’s her loss.
24. Don’t be an internet troll. Got out and live life. There is not a cadre of
beautiful women advertising on Craigslist to have NSA sex with you. Beautiful
women don’t need to advertise. The websites that advertise with attractive women’s
photos and claims of loneliness are baloney. All they want is your money and your
personal information so that they can market to you. The posts on Craigslist by
young “women” seeking NSA sex, and asking for a picture are just a bunch of gay
troll pic collectors. This is especially true if the post uses common gay lexicon
like “hole” as in “fuck my hole” or seeks “masculine” men, or uses the word cock
(except in the context of “Don’t send a cock shot.”) There are women on
Craigslist. They are easily recognizable by their 2-5 paragraph postings. Most are
in their 30's or older.
25. When you become a man in full, know that people will get in your way. People
who are attracted to you will somehow manage to step in your path. Gay guys will
give you “the look.” Old people will somehow stumble in front of you at the worst
time. Don’t get frustrated. Just step aside and go about your business. Know that
these are passive aggressive methods to get you to acknowledge their existence.
26. Don’t gay bash. Don’t mentally or physically abuse people because of who they
are, or how they present themselves. It’s none of your business to try to
intimidate people into conformity.
27. If your gay, admit it to yourself, your parents, your friends and society at
large. Be prepared to get harassed. See rule 14. If someone threatens you or
assaults you, call the cops. Have them arrested. You have no obligation to self
sacrifice because of who you are. As a gay person, you’ll have more social freedom
than straight men. Use it to protect yourself. Be prepared to get out of Dodge if
your orientation makes your life unbearable. Move to San Francisco, New York,
Atlanta, or New Orleans. You’ll find a welcoming community there.
28. Don’t be a poser. Avoid being one of those dudes who puts a surfboard on top
of their car, but never surfs, or a dude with a powder coated fixed gear bike and
a messenger bag, but was never a messenger. Live the life. Earn your bona fides.
29. Don’t believe the crap about the patriarchy. More women are accepted and
attend college. More degrees are awarded to women than men. Women outlive men.
More men commit suicide. Men are twice as likely to be victims of violence,
including murder. If you consider sexual assaults in prisons, twice as many men
are raped as women (society thinks prison rape is funny). The streets are littered
with homeless men, sprinkled with a few homeless women. Statically, women are
happier than men. The myth that girls are being cheated by are educational system
is belied by the fact that schools are bastions of femininity, mostly run by and
taught by women. Girls outperform boys in school. It is the boys in school getting
fucked over, and prescribed ritalin for being boys. Real wages for men are
falling, while real wages for women are rising. Just because someone says
something enough times, doesn’t make it true. You have nothing to feel guilty
30. Remember, 97% of all advice is worthless. Take what you can use, and trash the